Tuesday 25 February 2014

Evaluation: Question 4

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluation stages?

Research:
For my research I decided to take inspiration for my CD digipak and magazine advert on Google. This way I could look at a wide range of images all in one place which I found easy. From this research I saw that artists that were in same genre of the song that we had chosen tended to have a really busy style, I decided I didn't want to follow the same convention as that because I thought it was to much to take in.


When it came to researching for a song for our music video, I looked at YouTube and MySpace to try and find an artist since we had to chose a song that didn't already have a music video for it. By using the internet this made the process a lot more easier. 

Also looking at TV channels such as MTV which as a wide range of current music videos gave me inspiration into what music video tend to have in them. Without these tool it would have been much harder to research what we needed to look at. I wouldn't have gotten a wide range of inspiration from everything that I looked at.

Planning:
For planning I used a wide range of different software's and also the types of sites that I could go on in Google. Because I have a Iphone I found it easy that if I had an idea I could just go on to Blogger and post a little post that I could look at later on.
Whilst in the planning stage we had a look as a group at different camera techniques that we could use in our video. We had a go at the green screen animation, stop motion filming and also jump cuts. We also had a go at filming our own shots that we thought we needed when it came to filming. 



 To test our skills we had a go at Photoshop so that we could experiment and think about what we could use when it came to constructing our Digipak's and Magazine Articles. I found this useful because it gave me a sense of how I wanted the layout to look and the type of colouring I wanted to use. Another software that we had a practice with that we would defiantly need was Premier Pro, this was the site that we were going to create our music videos with. So we decided to do some jump cut shots then rearrange them into a little film. 
Moodboards were a good part of planning because it allowed us to put all of the ideas that we had into one place so that we could look back and think about what I wanted to put in each of the work that I had to do. Timetoast was a way that I could keep track of all the work I had done and also when I needed to have it ready by. This allowed me to plan what I needed to do during college time and also when I was at home. 

Construction: 
For constructing my Digipak and Magazine Advert I used a DLSR Camera to take the images with. I found using a proper camera helped my images look more professional and clearer so that you can see all the details within the image. Also when it came to editing the image in Photoshop it didn't make the image blurry when I had to zoom in. Photoshop I used to edit my images, I used a wide range of tools on all of my images. This video below will show a technique that I used in on my image.


To film my music video I used a HD video camera, a tripod and lighting. All of this helped me keep the camera steady when I had to film, apart from the scene where we decided to do a shot in a hand held motion. To put our music video we used Premiere Pro, we had a slight problem at the start but we managed to get around it, this was that the camera that we had used wasn't adapted to the settings that were already there, so when we had a section of clips in the right place we had to render them. 
Using Premiere Pro meant that we could use special effects on our video. We used over lay on some parts of our video which made the shots look really interesting and also they seemed to go with the song well. Also we used the fade out at the end of some of the clips, this would stop the clips changing into another scene so abruptly.



Evaluation: 
For the evaluation I used YouTube to put upload the videos that I wanted to use examples up on to, also my Powtoon had to be uploaded to YouTube as well. I used Screen Cast O'Matic, so I could record how I managed to achieve the look I got on the images on my CD Digipak and also Magazine Advert. 
To answer the questions I used a new site called Powtoon, this allowed me to create a slideshow but add little figures to liven up the slideshow. After all that I did I uploaded them to Blogger, some of my posts I decided to write straight onto blogger. 




No comments:

Post a Comment